Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Losing Weight to Eat More

I am ultimately passionate about food. So much in fact, 1 year ago this month I joined Weight Watchers because my passion got the gluttonous of me. I'm 5' 2 and in 2010, I went from 125lbs to 140 in about a year. I have a thyroid problem, but it's minor. I knew the whole reason was because I ate everything I craved. You can see through my previous posts about breaded steak sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs, how much I enjoy them. Well I used to enjoy them all in the same week. Not a good idea. I'm going to make a long story short by saying that in January of this year I'm 10lbs lighter and have achieved my Weight Watchers goal. Unfortunately though, I haven't lost my daddy's appetite. It's been a struggle losing 10lbs with the way I love to eat. I even tricked myself to thinking that I was losing weight so I could eat more. I tell everyone once I lose 5 more, I'm getting my ass to Lucky's on Clark for a FAT sandwich. Texas Toast, Pastrami, Swiss stuffed with french fries and coleslaw. Therefor, I've come to the conclusion that food and I have a love/hate relationship. I was really happy to see that the Food Network is going to have a show on all about Chefs who battle the same struggle. I've been feeling like I need to try and find a balance but I think I finally found one. If it wasn't for the Weight Watchers program and weighing in every week, I would still be the same weight I was a year ago if not heavier. Even right now as I sit here eating my bowl of Special K I appreciate how the program has taught me I can eat whatever I want while still being able to maintain a healthy weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment