Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Phoebe's Maple Bacon Cupcake

To start off our first day of 2012, my boyfriend and I went on a date to the Museum of Science and Industry before going on a cupcake adventure. I was on a mission to arrive at Phoebe's Cupcakes for a Maple Bacon Cupcake I read about on their website. We were lucky enough to find a parking spot in front. The storefront was tiny, but just the right size for a cupcake cafe. The menu was filled with selections of chocolate, vanilla and red velvet cakes, but the one that stuck out the most was the maple soaked buttermilk cake layered with a maple butter frosting, topped with a crisp square of freshly cooked bacon and drizzled with maple syrup. It says on the website and on the menu that these cupcakes are only served in the AM. But I got there at 5:30 and 6 were still sitting in the case. So as any bacon lover would, I paid the $17.95 and took those babies home. The cake was so moist it was actually sticky from the maple syrup. I could have done without the butter cream frosting. It was too heavy for my taste but then again, the only frosting I can enjoy is a good cream cheese. I could have eaten all 6 pieces of the crisp bacon at once it was so addicting. Especially with maple syrup drizzled on top. So if you ever find yourself in Boys Town before 8 PM get a bacon cupcake if there's any left.


Phoebe's Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment